Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My New Wheels!


So my birthday was few weeks back and look what I got! The hubs restored my grandma's bike from the '50s (yes, the 1950s!) with new tires and a comfy new seat! He left the paint as is, chipped and all, but I think that gives it more character. There's even an old sticker on it. I LOVE IT!

It's so fun to ride and it makes me feel like I'm cruisin' back in time. Every time I'm on it I think of what things were like for my grandma when she rode it. She was well into her 30s at the time, with a husband and five children. I can't help but wonder what kind of adventures she took this bike on...

I do know one thing--she rode it through a bunch of wet asphalt, which still remains stuck under the fender. If she was anything like me, she was probably running late and had no other choice but to drive directly through the asphalt!

No comments:

Post a Comment