Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back to School??

Ok, so I'm starting school next week.

Graduate school. Full time.

I technically started about a year ago, but only took one class and decided I wasn't quite ready to make the commitment. Sometimes I do that...

BUT I'm ready now and the big day is almost here. I start next Monday! Holy cow. I'm working on my masters in international relations and honestly, I'm pretty jazzed about it. I actually love school, but ever since my almost fatal run in with law school I'm just a little cautious.

So I'm starting to mentally prep myself for going back to school. I'm trying to get myself back in the groove, but I've forgotten what exactly the groove is. It's been three years since undergrad, and yes I know that isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but to me it's an eternity. I'm also working on my social skills, preparing to meet new and possibly strange people. That's always fun.

Anyone ever notice how college students tend to be...grungy? Like they haven't seen a shower in a week and you can forget about the toothbrush, or the washing machine for that matter. I don't know, maybe that's just my experience, but I'm hoping graduate school is different. Surely, these are adults here, there can't possibly be any grunge left at this point. Right?

I guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment