Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Love Lucy

Today I celebrate my idol's 100th birthday.

"Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world." Lucille Ball

Lucille Ball stole my heart at a young age. I was hooked on that fiery red head from the first time I watched her crazy antics on I Love Lucy. I loved her spunk, rebellious attitude and zest for life. She pushed the boundaries with her ambitious attitude and never settled until she got what she was after.

When I was 10 years old I plastered Lucy memorabilia all over my bedroom door. I was obsessed with her.  Imagine my excitement when I discovered we shared the same birthday: August 6th. This had me completely convinced that we were kindred spirits. (Anne of Green Gables style.)

So cheers to you and happy birthday dear Lucy. Thank you for inspiring me to color outside the lines. I'll eat an extra piece of cake for you.

"I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not."

No comments:

Post a Comment