Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Why I've been MIA lately

I've sort of neglected this lil ol blog lately. I'm sorry internet. It isn't you, it's me. Really. I'm not trying to be distant, but life has just gone into overdrive lately and I'm finding less mental energy to devote to you. Here is a little rundown of what I've been doing:

1. Getting the Little One's room ready. I'm 35 weeks and well, time is running short. I've only got a few more weeks, yet there is still a ton to be done. Crib sheets, diapers, changing table...Yes, I still have a lot of things to buy and everything needs to be assembled. Everything.

2. Work. I've been getting more shifts lately. Thankfully. It's been keeping me occupied and I actually have a great time at work. My belly is getting pretty huge, so it's becoming more of a challenge to lean over patients. And not so enjoyable for them either. "Excuse that kicking against your head, that's just my baby."

3. Names. Did I mention I'm still not 100% on any names? Sheesh. I have a boy name in mind that I'm about 85% sure on at this point, but still a little hesitant. And don't even get me started on girls names. I've had about three names picked out for a while now, but as D-Day draws closer I'm starting to wonder if any of them is the "right" fit. Oy vey.

4. LifeVantage. My little LifeVantage/Protandim business is growing nicely lately and I've been spending a lot of time on it. It's actually been a lot of fun and I love making the extra money. I even started this little Protandim Fan page for my peeps. Check it out, there are some really amazing testimonials. http://www.facebook.com/ProtandimFans Help a gal out and go "Like" it! And let me know if you want more info.

5. Baby classes. We signed up for a nursing class and a birthing class. Yes, I realize most people have already done this by 35 weeks. I have no real excuse. I signed up late and therefore I will be lucky to make my very last minute birthing class that isn't for another two weeks.

6. Writing. I'm a researcher for the amazing nonprofit organization She's the First and I report on their partner organizations in Sudan and Haiti. Check 'em out and sponsor a girl. It will make you smile. http://www.shesthefirst.org/

That has pretty much been my life lately. And I can't forget about all the American Idol watching, kickboxing classes, and cookie baking that has been sprinkled in lately either.

Life is good. The Hubster is great and cute as ever.

And in just a few weeks, the awesomeness level around here is going to sky rocket.

1 comment:

  1. I've known people who have waited until baby is born to meet him or her in order to ascertain exactly what name is the right fit. In fact, my sister wasn't named for a whole week because my mother couldn't officially decide what the perfect name was for her.

    ReplyDelete