Sunday, March 13, 2011

32 weeks

I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow.

Holy cow.

I can't believe it has gone so fast.

How is that even possible? 32 weeks?

I keep having these moments of panic when I suddenly realize how close I am to having this baby. I start to worry that I'm not ready and have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I'm going to be 100% responsible for another human being. That is incredibly...overwhelming. I'm ready in the sense that I already feel intense love for this little nugget, and I'm dying to meet him/her, but not necessarily "prepared".  I'm not sure if it's even possible to feel prepared.

I've got 7 more weeks, at the very most, before my life changes forever. I can't help but wonder what that love is going to feel like and how my perspective will change. I can't wait to hold this little baby and feel that bond with my son or daughter. I feel so incredibly blessed by the good Lord above to have this privilege of watching over one of His own.

Wow.

2 comments:

  1. Those last few weeks of pregnancy are really amazing...getting so close to actually holding your baby. I don't think anyone is ever truly ready to welcome a baby...it's such an enormous thing. But it's such a wonderful thing, as well. From your writing, there's no doubt you will be fabulous at motherhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you should be scared. The fear will turn into that sorta love that's drunk with emotion and superwoman motherly care that only a mother can give to her baby.

    BTW: Is it a boy or girl? HAVN CHECKED THE OTHER POSTS YET BUT I'M HEADING THERE :)

    just you wait and see :)

    Did i mention that I found u thru 20sb?

    newest stalker/follower of your blog :)))

    Follow me too?

    www.single-unsingle.blogspot.com

    *Bless*

    PS: I'm the gold follower icon

    ReplyDelete